Whether you intend to leave town just for the weekend or planning a longer stay, being correctly equipped is essential if you want to ensure the success of your camping trip. Many brands have created entire camping gear collections to ensure you get a more enjoyable time as you stay a few days away from the city.
Unfortunately, the days before you leave can be overwhelming, especially if you will be purchasing most of your gear then.
It can be stressful packing and it may take a lot of time, add shopping to the tasks you need to complete, and there’s a chance you won’t enjoy your weekend getaway. On the other hand, you can make things simpler by picking camping gear that you and your family need.
Don’t worry, if you don’t have the time or patience to carry out your own research, here’s a list of some of the best things to carry on your next camping trip and make it more fun.
Camping speakers are designed to work well in outdoor settings. However, you need to take into account the challenges the outdoors present such as the possibility of rain, dust, and dirt.
When choosing your camping speakers, make sure that the one you choose offers you everything you would look for in a traditional speaker, including battery life, sound clarity, and wattage. In addition, the best camping speaker should offer you some of the following qualities.
- Wireless operation – The speaker should have Bluetooth capability to connect to your phone, tablet or MP3 player without using a cord.
- Long connection range – The standard connection range is about 30 feet; however, you should take into consideration your individual requirements to determine the minimum range for you.
- Strong, quality sound projection – This is dependent, in part, on the speaker’s wattage. Most outdoor speakers have a 5 or 10-watt range, while others can have up to 20 watts.
- Waterproof – These speakers are some of the most advanced gadgets in their niche. A fully waterproof speaker can withstand some degree of water submersion without getting damaged. They offer you the freedom to take music with you even in extreme weather conditions or fun water activities.
- Water resistance – Don’t confuse this with waterproof. Water resistant speakers are an affordable choice that offers some degree of protection from water damage. While they should not be submerged in water, water resistant speakers can withstand water splashes, humidity, steam, and rain, depending on the model.
Online reviews of the best portable Bluetooth speakers can help you choose an audio device that’s right for you.
Power Banks and Portable Chargers
If camping is a means to living off-the-grid, why would you need to carry portable power in the first place?
Convenience is the most obvious answer. Portable power solutions are the best ways for keeping your laptops, tablets, smartphones and other devices you need up and running through the length of your camping trip.
In addition, portable power is essential when you are dealing with emergencies. For instance, you might need to make an emergency phone call or rely on GPS for directions while hiking dangerous trails. Power banks and portable chargers make sure your devices are fully charged for when you need them most.
In fact, some portable power devices can jump a dead car battery when you are stranded miles in the middle of nowhere. Finally, not everyone really wants to go fully rough while camping. With the right device, you can power a heater, fan, lights or even small appliances like a mini-fridge.
However, before you buy a portable power source, take into consideration the following:
- Types of devices you would like to power
- The amount of power required
- Type of camping – whether boondocking, car camping or backpacking
- How often you go camping
- The location of your campsite
Waterproof Rugged Camera
While camping, there is a good chance that you will get really close to water, whether it’s the deep blue sea, lake, or river. Plus, you will likely want to document your aquatic adventures – if you use your phone, you’ll likely lose more than its camera!
Fortunately, there’s a wide range of waterproof cameras that work wonders while capturing sub-aquatic scenes – even as you dive as deep as 30 meters for the perfect shot. These gadgets are freeze-proof and shockproof too, some even crush-proof!
That’s not all they can do, since some of the rugged cameras on the market have special features like Wi-Fi connectivity, GPS location tagging and extras like an altimeter or compass. A good quality rugged camera will, in fact, give your land-loving, typical camera a run for its money.
So, don’t let your camera hold you back the next time you go camping. These rugged and waterproof snappers are made for the wild and wet life!
Portable, Inflatable Kayak
Most people love chilling out on the lake with their kayaks. Whether you intend to fish or just enjoy the view, you no longer have to carry a bulky kayak whenever you go camping.
Instead, you should consider getting an inflatable kayak that is not only stable, but also strong, durable, and easier to store and transport. Today’s technological advances with improved design actually make inflatable kayaks strong!
In fact, today you can find a host of inflatables that are designed to offer you everything you need, from high-tech watercrafts to family sized floatables. Inflatable and portable kayaks offer you plenty of benefits, including;
- They are lightweight and can be transported in medium-sized backpacks
- You can easily carry them to remote locations without using a trailer or roof rack
- Easy to store on a shelf or closet
- Available for an assortment of needs including fishing, touring and water rafting
- Easy to inflate and deflate using an electric pump
- While you need to keep the inflatable away from sharp objects, you don’t need to clean it, just fold it
- The raft can be conveniently and securely stored in your locker, backpack or car
Solar Powered Camping Gadgets
Thanks to modern-day solar-powered gadgets, you don’t need to leave the comforts of home behind whenever you want to be one with nature. Handy solar-powered devices save you from carrying around heavy batteries during your camping trips.
In addition, as long as the sun is shining, these gadgets never run out of power, allowing you to stay dry, entertained, well fed and warm throughout your camping adventure. Apart from saving you money you would have otherwise spent paying for electricity at a campsite, these devices help you save the planet.
Some of the best solar-powered gadgets for camping include:
- Inflatable solar lamps
- Solar charging backpacks
- Solar showers
- Solar charged flashlights
- Water purifiers
- Camera and phone chargers
- Solar-compatible coolers
- USB chargers
- Solar generators
- Solar ovens, and
- Solar-powered phones
While the days leading up to the camping trip can be chaotic, once there, you owe it to yourself to relax and enjoy every bit. If you’ve responsibly and carefully planned your short vacation, there’s no reason why you should worry about things going wrong.
You now have some information on how to make camping easier and more fun. All you need to do is sit back and enjoy your weekend getaway to the fullest!